Dan McClenaghan, All About Jazz
A marvelous piano trio outing. Taubenhouse has a restless sense of wonder on his own tunes, and a
beautiful feel for the standards. And he's got crack trio-mates on board. He seems to know where he's
going: where the music takes him.
OUT TODAY! “Prayer” is the second single from Yaniv Taubenhouse Trio’s album: Moments In Trio Volume Three: Roads
Featuring Yaniv Taubenhouse (piano), Rick Rosato (bass), and Jerad Lippi (drums)
Full album available at Fresh Sound New Talent
on April 9, 2021
Prayer" is a composition written by Yaniv Taubenhouse ASCAP.
“The meditative aspect of a prayer is the desired atmosphere in this composition. The sixteenth note subdivisions, which are implied in both piano and drums throughout the piece, provide a contrast to the long notes of the melody and help to set a feeling of continuity, often associated with a meditative state. This composition is not just about prayer itself, but a search for the right intention behind a prayer. The bass part underneath the melody becomes more and more involved in the second time the melody is presented which symbolizes the idea of repeating a prayer or a mantra while intensifying the meaning behind it.” —Yaniv Taubenhouse
- Recorded by Robert L. Smith at Sear Sound Studios, NYC, January 14, 2020
- Mixed by Robert L. Smith at Defy Recordings, NYC
- Assisted at Sear Sound by Owen Mulholland
- Mastered by Pieter De Wagter at Equus Studio Bruxelles, Belgium
- Cameras operated by Tracey Yarad & Jerad Lippi
- Video edited by Yaniv Taubenhouse
- Producer: Yaniv Taubenhouse
- Executive Producer: Jordi Pujol
This story appears courtesy of Jason Byrne, Red Cat Publicity.
Copyright © 2021. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact Jason Byrne, Red Cat Publicity.