Online d.i.y. ticketing company Eventbrite is reporting 60% growth last year. The company says it sold 58 million tickets in 2013, with a total value of $960 million. 2.9 million events sold tickets on the Eventfrite platform last year. Most of them were smaller grassroots affairs like Dan Pierson's New York City based Subway Sets
, created after he was inspired by musicians he met on the train.
More Eventbrite 2013 stats:
- Total gross ticket sales in 2013: $960 million
- Number of tickets sold in 2013: 58 million
- Tickets scanned in 2013: 8.2 million
- Number of events: 2.9 million
- Number of Eventbrite app downloads in 2013: 2.3 million
- Dollars raised at fundraising events throughout 2013: $177 million
- Countries where events were held in 2013: 187
- Number of languages Eventbrite supports: 7
- Number of Britelings (Eventbrite employees): 329
- Number of Barklings (Eventbrite dogs): 25
This story appears courtesy of HypeBot.
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.