The Preselection of a conceptually new International Festival-Contest of Jazz Improvisation Skills Master Jam" is held Online.
This project is a serious professional competition and a jazz festival too. It was founded by Mikhail Freidlin, the well-known author and producer of the legendary Odessa Jazz Carnival".
This project lasts all year in contrast to traditional jazz events. It is interactive for the audience and participants.
The first preselection is held Online, where the jury and viewers voting identify semifinalists. Final days of the contest will be held at the Live jam-session format in various jazz styles (Mainstream, Latin jazz, Jazz ballad, Fusion, Jazz-Rock (or Funk) and will broadcast on TV and Online.
Final of this enchanting holiday will be held in the end of April, 2013, in Odessa ("a jazz capital" of Ukraine, cultural & touristic center near Black Sea), and will mark the International Day of UNESCO's Jazz! The Festival expects well-known artists. There are jazz experts and pedagogues, famous jazz musicians, well-known connoisseurs and lovers of jazz in the jury of the festival.
What is MASTER JAM FEST for Jazz Improvisers? It is:
- International creative exchanges and the impetus to the creative career
- The ability to get a cash prize and make the record in one of the best
- Recording studios in the world
- Worldwide tour for the winners
- Master-classes from famous jazz artists, educators and experts
- The ability to get into the TV & Radio rotation, advertising in the media and at the biggest Internet portals of the world - partners of the festival
- New friendships, the friendly atmosphere of jazz improvisation and creative inspiration, the enchanting holiday and the unique flavor of Odessa.
A lot of applications for the participation in the “Master-Jam Fest” already have come from different countries (Belarus, Cameroon, Cuba, Germany, The Great Britain, Israel, Japan, The Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Sweden, USA...). The Festival is supported by biggest jazz portals, international cultural centers and art associations.
The registration of participants is at the official festival website
The video-presentations of the contestants will be accepted till the 31st of December 2012. But it is advisable to do it earlier!, because the jury has its limits of the time to examine applications and take objective decisions!
“Master-Jam-Festival” is a unique event, one of its kind in the world!