Markos Chaidemenos is a jazz musician who discovered his love for piano at the age of 16 (2005) and his passion for jazz at the age of 22. Although he earned his first bachelor at Informatics & Telecommunications in National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, he never worked in the field.
After Chaidemenos mastered the classical piano in Athina Conservatory, he completed his jazz piano studies in 2,5 years at Praxis Conservatory. He then received a masters degree in Jazz Performance after graduating from Ionian University of Corfu and that same year (2016) recorded his first album Remains (Live)
at the radio show Jazz in the City
. Some years later came his second album New Era
. Growing up as a jazz musician his inspirations were mainly from the jazz tradition: Oscar Peterson
played a major role as well as Chick Corea
and Mulgrew Miller
We're proud to share with you the release of his third album. It was recorded in a difficult and strange time, during the 2020-2021 pandemic. This is one of the reasons why Chaidemenos believes the trio sounds fresh and passionate. The three musicians met after a protracted time of lock down and just played their music, embracing the moment of the studio recording. Listen to the samples below.
Markos Chaidemenos on the Caravan tracks:
1. In this third album I included my version of the famous jazz standard Caravan". It had already taken place in an editorial Spotify playlist.
2. and 3. The song 33" is a composition of mine flirting with my love for McCoy Tyner
and modern jazz trios. 32" is the intro of 33".
4. Happy Place" is a composition of mine based on the rhythm changes jazz form, one of my favourite forms to play at. This is the reason why I called this track Happy Place"!
5. A 16 meters blues of mine, inspired from one of my favourite pianists, Mulgrew Miller
6. I Mean You". The classic Thelonious Monk
tune, with my taste added. I choose to mess a bit more with the time and the rhythm.
7. Another composition of mine, based on Charles Mingus
way of composing.
8. The famous Duke Ellington