Arkadia Jazz recording artist Joanne Brackeen previews her upcoming CD Popsicle Illusion with a 5-stop tour, May 25 - 30. Brackeen, who is considered by many to be one of the most original and innovative musicians in modern jazz, will perform in the following locations:
- May 25 - 26 Joanne Brackeen duo with Don Braden The Cotton Club Vancouver, B.C.
- May 27 Joanne Brackeen Quartet Jazz & Blues Co. Carmel, CA
with Don Braden (tenor sax), Jeff Chambers (bass), Greg Hutchinson (drums)
- May 28 Joanne Brackeen Quartet UCLA Jazz & Reggae Fest Los Angeles, CA
- May 29 Joanne Brackeen Quartet The Outpost Albuquerque, NM
- May 30 Joanne Brackeen Quartet Yoshi's San Francisco, CA
Brackeen's debut CD for Arkadia (and her 22nd as a leader), Pink Elephant Magic garnered wide media praise. Named one of Top 5 CDs of the Year by 2 JazzTimes critics, it was also chosen in the Top 10 at UPI. A delightful disc that marries playful melodies with Brackeen's syncopated approach and her penchant for adventurous exploration...
This story appears courtesy of All About Jazz Publicity.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact All About Jazz Publicity.