Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey
celebrate their 20th Anniversary in 2014 with the Record Store Day exclusive, limited edition LP, Millions: Live In Denver
. Recorded over two sold out nights at the esteemed Denver, CO jazz venue Dazzle this past November, JFJO presented classic material from throughout their history that hadn't been performed live in years, including Muskogee Smalls," Tae Parade" and Grub Ridge Stomp."
Defined by consistent evolution and change over the course of two decades, 21 albums, and countless tours, Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey have become an institution in experimental jazz and post rock. Based out of Tulsa, OK and Santa Fe, NM, the band's visceral approach to its music—often referred to as red dirt jazz"—has led to a devoted fan-base and regular appearances at clubs and festivals around the world, including North Sea Jazz Festival, Newport Jazz Festival, Montreal Jazz Festival, Saalfelden Jazz Festival, High Sierra Music Festival and Bumbershoot.Millions: Live In Denver
is JFJO's second Record Store Day release. It follows the 2010 RSD 7-inch The Sensation of Seeing Light," which sold out of its first pressing. It also represents the first recording in their current trio format, featuring founding member Brian Haas on keys, Chris Combs on guitars and Josh Raymer on drums. JFJO will tour throughout 2014 in celebration of the 20-year milestone.
- Muscogee Smalls
- Skeeball Over The Ocean
- Slow Breath, Silent Mind
- I Love Steve Haas
- Grub Ridge Stomp
- Tae Parade
- Sean’s Song
UPCOMING TOUR DATES
Millions: Live In Denver
- April 18 - Oklahoma City, OK - Bricktown Music Hall (with Addverse Effects)
- April 19 - Norman, OK - Guestroom Records (2pm)
- April 19 - Tulsa, OK - Starship Records (7pm)
- April 19 - Tulsa, OK - Topeca Coffee Roastery (9pm)
- April 24 - Dallas, TX - Trees
- April 25 - Norman, OK - Norman Music Festival
- April 26 - Austin, TX - Holy Mountain
- April 30 - New Orleans, LA - Howlin Wolf Den
- May 2 - New Orleans, LA - Chickie Wah Wah
- May 3 - New Orleans, LA - Chickie Wah Wah
- May 3 - New Orleans, LA - Blue Nile
- May 9 - Tulsa, OK - The Guthrie Green
is available 4/19, Record Store Day 2014, on limited edition LP from The Royal Potato Family
This story appears courtesy of Calabro Music.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact Calabro Music.