Asheville, NC – Adrian Belew is a multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, producer, and guitarist, who has released 20 critically acclaimed solo albums. He has worked alongside some of the most innovative artists of the past 30 years, including Paul Simon, David Bowie, Talking Heads, Frank Zappa, Laurie Anderson and Nine Inch Nails. For 33 years he was the frontman, singer, and guitarist in art-rock giant King Crimson. Known as a highly inventive guitarist, much of Belew's music mixes pop songwriting with complex time signatures, witty lyrics, wild sounds, and technical mastery of his instrument.
Adrian is happy to announce his first North American tour since the Crimson ProjeKCt tour of 2011. The tour runs from Oct 22 to Dec 21, coast to coast in the USA and hitting three Canadian Provinces.
The Adrian Belew Power Trio includes bassist Julie Slick and drummer Tobias Ralph, both virtuoso musicians, with a setlist celebrating Adrian’s massive body of work. Belew first appeared on the guitar-world radar when he toured with Frank Zappa who later said, “Adrian reinvented electric guitar”. Adrian’s signature tones, and his unique use of effects and whammy bar remain unique, and his techniques continue to be a huge influence on today’s guitarists.
Adrian has had a career that commands both awe and respect from fellow musicians and loyal fans. From his first solo record “The Lone Rhino” to his current endeavors, his work pushes sonic boundaries while maintaining artistic integrity. His upcoming projects include his groundbreaking music app “Flux: Music that is never the same twice” and his effects suite for iPad “FLUX:fx”. The focus over the next few months however is to get out and burn onstage, city by city!USA/Canada 2014 Tour dates
- 10/22/2014 Charlottesville, VA Southern Cafe
- 10/23/2014 Vienna, VA Jammin Java
- 10/24/2014 Philadelphia, PA World Cafe Live
- 10/25/2014 Boston, MA Sinclair (early show)
- 10/26/2014 Ridgefield, CT Ridgefield Playhouse
- 10/28/2014 New York, NY Highline Ballroom
- 10/29/2014 Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theatre
- 10/30/2014 Buffalo, NY The Tralf
- 10/31/2014 Cleveland, OH Beachland Ballroom
- 11/01/2014 Chicago, IL Old Town School of Folk Music
- 11/02/2014 Turtle Lake, WI St. Croix Casino Turtle Lake Event Ctr
- 11/04/2014 Boulder, CO Boulder Theater
- 11/07/2014 Vancouver, BC Rio Theatre
- 11/08/2014 Portland, OR Aladdin Theater
- 11/09/2014 Seattle, WA Triple Door
- 11/11/2014 Sacramento, CA Harlows
- 11/12/2014 San Francisco, CA The Chapel
- 11/13/2014 Santa Cruz, CA The Catalyst Club
- 11/14/2014 Santa Monica, CA McCabes Guitar Shop
- 11/15/2014 Big Bear Lake, CA The Cave Big Bear
- 11/16/2014 San Diego, CA Casbah
- 11/18/2014 Scottsdale, AZ Talking Stick Resort Showroom
- 11/20/2014 Oklahoma City, OK Acadamy Of Contemporary Music @ UCO
- 11/21/2014 St. Louis, MO Old Rockhouse
- 11/22/2014 Nashville, TN 12th & Porter
- 12/03/2014 Asheville, NC New Mountain Theatre
- 12/04/2014 Atlanta, GA Terminal West
- 12/05/2014 Carborro, NC Cats Cradle
- 12/06/2014 Annapolis, MD Rams Head
- 12/07/2014 Sellersville PA Sellersville Theater
- 12/09/2014 Dunellen, NJ NJProghouse Presents Roxy And Dukes
- 12/10/2014 Bay Shore, NY YMCA Boulton Center
- 12/11/2014 Falls River, MA Narrows Center For The Arts
- 12/12/2014 Laval, QC Salle Andre-Mathieu
- 12/13/2014 Quebec City, QC Salle Sylvain Lelilevre
- 12/14/2014 Trois-Rivieres, QC Salle J-Antonio Thompson
- 12/16/2014 Gatineau, QC Maison des Culture
- 12/17/2014 Toronto, ON Mod Club
- 12/18/2014 Ferndale, MI Magic Bag
- 12/19/2014 Indianapolis, IN Radio Radio
- 12/20/2014 Knoxville, TN The International
- 12/21/2014 Cincinnati, OH 20th Century Theatre
This story appears courtesy of Glass Onyon PR - William James.
Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact Glass Onyon PR - William James.