The nominees for the 61st GRAMMY Awards jazz category are:
31. Best Improvised Jazz Solo For an instrumental jazz solo performance. Two equal performers on one recording may be eligible as one entry. If the soloist listed appears on a recording billed to another artist, the latter's name is in parenthesis for identification. Singles or Tracks only.
- SOME OF THAT SUNSHINE Regina Carter, soloist Track from: Some Of That Sunshine (Karrin Allyson)
- DON'T FENCE ME IN John Daversa, soloist Track from: American Dreamers: Voices Of Hope, Music Of Freedom (John Daversa Big Band Featuring DACA Artists)
- WE SEE Fred Hersch, soloists
- DE-DAH Brad Mehldau, soloist Track from: Seymour Reads The Constitution! (Brad Mehldau Trio)
- CADENAS Miguel Zenon, soloist Track from: Yo Soy La Tradición (Miguel Zenón Featuring Spektral Quartet)
32. Best Jazz Vocal Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new vocal jazz recordings.
33. Best Jazz Instrumental Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new instrumental jazz recordings.
34. Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album For albums containing at least 51% playing time of new ensemble jazz recordings.
- ALL ABOUT THAT BASIE The Count Basie Orchestra Directed By Scotty Barnhart
- AMERICAN DREAMERS: VOICES OF HOPE, MUSIC OF FREEDOM John Daversa Big Band Featuring DACA Artists
- PRESENCE Orrin Evans And The Captain Black Big Band
- ALL CAN WORK John Hollenbeck Large Ensemble
- BAREFOOT DANCES AND OTHER VISIONS Jim McNeely & The Frankfurt Radio Big Band
35. Best Latin Jazz Album For vocal or instrumental albums containing at least 51% playing time of newly recorded material. The intent of this category is to recognize recordings that represent the blending of jazz with Latin, Iberian-American, Brazilian, and Argentinian tango music.
This story appears courtesy of HypeBot.
Copyright © 2019. All rights reserved.