After 10 years of annual, multi-day jazz programming coupled with a year round education program, the Board of the DC Jazz Festival has launched a search for a new artistic director. The Festival is recognized as a leading arts organization in the Mid-Atlantic, having garnered praise far and wide. The Artistic Director will work in partnership with the Board of Director, the Executive Director, producers, and a small, but talented team to take the Festival to new heights.DC JAZZ FESTIVAL ARTISTIC DIRECTOR
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Artistic Director is responsible for conceiving, developing, and implementing the artistic vision, programming, and artistic strategies of the DC Jazz Festival.KEY COMPETENCIES
- A track record of delivering innovative and visionary jazz programming
- Hands-on experience as a creative producer with an in-depth understanding of delivering a multi-day festival
- Planning and negotiating a year round artistic program
- Extensive networks in the field of jazz
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong knowledge of budget development and management
- Wide-ranging experience with media promotion and public relations
- Ability to articulate the organization’s mission and artistic vision to audiences, sponsors and as requested at fundraising events and solicitations
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Please e-mail a cover letter outlining how you meet the key competencies outlined above along with your resume and salary history for similar work (if applicable) to: Marcia Mayo
, no later than September 19, 2014.
This story appears courtesy of All About Jazz Publicity.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact All About Jazz Publicity.