Legendary music icons and Grammy Award winners, Brian Wilson
(co-founder Beach Boys) and Jeff Beck
(Yardbirds) are co-headlining a North American tour. Two of the music industry's most celebrated entertainers will kick off their tour on September 27th in Hollywood, FL and will visit 20 cities as they bring an evening of historic musical collaboration to fans across North America. Tickets go on sale starting Friday, August 9th at NOON at livenation.com and will also be available at ticketmaster.com.
Throughout late September and October, the tour will also take the two legends to New York City, Toronto, Washington D.C., Boston and several other cities. Wilson's former band mates Al Jardine and David Marks will join Wilson and Beck.
Beck recently joined Wilson in the studio as a guest on Wilson's upcoming album on Capitol Records. Jeff is one of the most amazing guitarists I've ever worked with and his vibe is inspiring," says Wilson. I feel having Jeff Beck co-headline with me is a cool and exciting addition. We've got some new tunes we want to try out on a live crowd as well as doing some great music from our catalogues."
Wilson is one of popular music's most deeply revered figures, the creative force behind some of the most cherished recordings in rock history. Indeed, it is no exaggeration to call Brian Wilson one of the most influential composers of the last century. Wilson was barely out of his teens when he co-created some of the most beloved records ever...nine consecutive gold albums that featured such classics as Surfer Girl," In My Room," I Get Around," Don't Worry Baby," Fun, Fun, Fun," Help Me, Rhonda" and California Girls"...just to name a handful of the more than two dozen Top 40 hits Wilson co-wrote, arranged, produced and performed with The Beach Boys.
Known as one of the most influential lead guitarists in rock, Beck was ranked among the top 5 guitarists in Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time." He has earned wide critical praise and received the Grammy Award for Best Rock Instrumental Performance six times and Best Pop Instrumental Performance once. He has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice: as a member of the Yardbirds (1992) and as a solo artist (2009).
Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck Full September/October 2013 North American Tour Schedule
- September 27 Hollywood, FL Seminole Hard Rock Casino
- September 28 Tampa, FL Ruth Eckerd Hall
- October 3 St. Augustine, FL St. Augustine Amphitheatre
- October 4 Atlanta, GA Chastain Park Amphitheatre
- October 5 Washington DC Warner Theater
- October 6 Bethlehem, PA Sands Event Center
- October 8 Albany, NY Palace Theatre
- October 9 Boston, MA Wang Theater
- October 11 Wallingford, CT Toyota Presents The Oakdale Theatre
- October 12 Westbury, NY NYCB Theatre at Westbury
- October 13 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theater
- October 15 New York, NY Beacon Theatre
- October 18 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl Theater
- October 20 Los Angeles, CA Greek Theater
- October 22 Oakland, CA Paramount Theatre
- October 25 Detroit, MI Fox Theatre
- October 26 Toronto, ON Massey Hall
- October 27 Akron, OH EJ Thomas Performance Arts