BRIAN SETZER GIVES BLUEGRASS A ROCKABILLY SPIN ON NEW ALBUM OUT APRIL 19
With its forays into bluegrass and traditional jazz, Brian Setzer
's new album Setzer Goes Instru-MENTAL!
(out April 19 on Surfdog Records) has the guitar legend testing new waters and putting his signature Stray Cat stamp on a few instrumental favorites.
Setzer wrote six originals and revitalizes five jazz-bluegrass classics"Blue Moon of Kentucky," Earl's Breakdown," Cherokee," Be-Bop-A-Lula," and Lonesome Road." Recording each gave Setzer the chance to revisit old techniques and try new tricks, such as playing banjo on the Earl Scruggs
' classic Earl's Breakdown," or substituting jazz chords into traditional bluegrass on the Bluegrass Boys
' Blue Moon of Kentucky."Setzer Goes Instru-MENTAL! Tracklist
- Blue Moon of Kentucky" (written by Bill Monroe)
- Cherokee" (written by Ray Noble)
- Be-Bop-A-Lula" (written by Tex Davis and Gene Vincent)
- Earl's Breakdown" (written by Earl Scruggs)
- Far Noir East"
- Go-Go Godzilla"
- Lonesome Road" (written by Gene Austin, Nathaniel Shilkret)
- Hillbilly Jazz Meltdown"
- Hot Love"
This story appears courtesy of JamBase.
Copyright © 2020. All rights reserved.