New York, NYNewark New Jersey native Antoinette Montague has come of age with her upcoming release Behind The Smile
on In The Groove, distributed through Allegro Music. The album is set for release February 9, 2010.
The Behind The Smile album is a showcase for the vocalist' diverse range and abilities to take an R & B based tune and turn it into a jazz and pop classic. Veteran musicians Bill Easley (sax, flute, and clarinet), Mulgrew Miller (piano), Peter Washington (bass) and Kenny Washington (drums) sit in to help the diva brand each track with her own distinct flavor and styling. In this release, we are witnessing the development of an artist whose years of hard work are paying off. Antoinette turns up the soul, the swing and the blues! Antoinette achieves her wish to 'cast a wider net and put some R & B timeless tunes in a jazz context' - Sheila Anderson, Author and Radio Personality.
Drummer Kenny Washington produced the recording and the arrangements were provided by Antoinette and Mulgrew Miller, who also contributed to the 2006 release Pretty In Blues. With highly acclaimed recordings and performances under her belt, Antoinette Montague is in position for greater success with the advent of this landmark recording. Behind The Smile will be certain to shape her career path in a positive way and bring more attention to a very talented vocalist.
Following the release of Behind The Smile Antoinette plans on touring to promote the album. More on the artist including releases and biographical information are available on her website.
Tracks: 1. Behind The Smile (Antoinette Montague, musical notation by Bertha Hope)
2. I Hadn't Anyone Till You (Ray Noble)
3. Give Your Mama One Smile (Bill Broonzy)
4. Ever Since The One I Love's Been Gone (Buddy Woodrow Johnson)
5. What's Going On (Marvin Gaye, Renaldo Enson & Al Cleveland)
6. The Song Is You (Jerome Kern & Oscar Hammerstein)
7. I'd Rather Have A Memory Than A Dream (Leonard Feather & Bob Russell)
8. Lost In Meditation (Duke Ellington, Irving Mills, Lou Singer & Juan Tizol)
9. Get Ready (Smokey Robinson)
10. Summer Song (Dave Brubeck)
11. Somewhere In The Night (Billy May & Milton Raskin)
12. Meet Me At No Special Place (Pyle, Robinson & Terker)
13. 23rd Psalm (Duke Ellington)
This story appears courtesy of Jim Eigo, Jazz Promo Services.
Copyright © 2017. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact Jim Eigo, Jazz Promo Services.