Call it nifty, call it splashy, call it bold or sassy—the revamped All About Jazz homepage
more effectively illustrates the impressive depth and breadth of our coverage. We've moved much of our content to the foreground putting everything our readers value most at their fingertips. Our quest for the perfect design continues and this time we feel we struck the right balance between form and function—heck, we even included some handy scrolling and randomizing features. We dare you to click a randomizing button just once!
Building on last year's improvements
, the latest design helps readers more easily identify sections and find our prized content. We also raised the awareness of certain sections like Radio" while introducing new sections including Gallery," JazzWeek Radio Chart," and the Publisher's Desk." The new design will also allow us to more easily introduce new sections and scale.
- Added VIDEO to the navigation bar (and removed RADIO).
- Reduced height of the header section by 20%.
- Moved the THIS WEEK section up to the top (adding thumbnail images for quicker identification).
- We now present VIDEO OF THE DAY at 100% screen width with an impossible-to-miss video player.
- Our ARTICLES section now runs 100% screen width and includes a previous, next and random button.
- As one of our more active sections and with lots of great programs, it was time to greatly raise the profile of our RADIO shows. Check out the new section: it comes with a previous, next and randomize button and a shortcut to each show's archive.
- We now show the last eight (was six) news items in the NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT box.
- A new GALLERY section to highlight the more than 175,000 photos in our database.
- TRACK OF THE DAY now includes previous, next and randomize buttons.
- The JAZZWEEK RADIO CHART top ten section was added just above UPCOMING EVENTS. Click the section header to view the current top 50.
- BORN TODAY, JAZZ STORY and JAZZ POLLS have been placed in the same section and share the same style. Another good reason to scroll down the page!
- The restyled UPCOMING EVENTS section now shares space with the new PUBLISHER'S DESK section where we'll share tips and news, and keep you in the loop on all things AAJ. If there are no events in your area, we'll present the NYC calendar.
We encourage you to explore the new All About Jazz and please let us know what you think
Like our progress?
If you like the recent progress
, please make a donation to support our 2019 projects
. Thank you!DONATE
About All About Jazz
Reaching 500,000 visitors and generating 2.5 million page views per month, All About Jazz is far and away the most popular and most influential jazz music website in the world.
All About Jazz aggregates, publishes and syndicates a variety of jazz-oriented content daily and is committed to raising the awareness of jazz’s cultural significance and historical legacy while actively celebrating the creative leaders of today.
Google and Alexa.com rank All About Jazz as the most relevant jazz music website. In addition to its superior search engine relevancy, All About Jazz has received “best of the web” designations from the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Forbes, and the BBC. It was also the exclusive and 13-time winner of the Jazz Journalists Association (JJA) award for best website.
All About Jazz at a glance:
- The internet's most trafficked jazz music website;
- 200,000 articles and news items;
- 1,200 contributors;
- 108,000 musician pages;
- 175,000 photos;
- 5,000 free tracks;
- 4-8 new articles published daily;
- Fully integrated with Jazz Near You.
This story appears courtesy of All About Jazz Publicity.
Copyright © 2019. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact All About Jazz Publicity.