2016 was an exciting year for both All About Jazz
and Jazz Near You
as our vision for the future came into greater focus and was reflected in our various achievements.
We explored new technologies, established partnerships with industry leaders, and improved what has become the most sophisticated technical platform in jazz. Much of our accomplishments were a direct result of the support we received from our members through our ongoing fund drive
. Your generous contributions made it possible for us to rapidly develop projects spanning areas that have come to represent what All About Jazz does best: publish compelling content, promote music discovery, network jazz people, aggregate and distribute data, and offer web-based promotional services for jazz professionals.
So, thank you staff, fund drive supporters, advertisers, and jazz fans everywhere! New In 2016
Our News section
documents most of our significant achievements. I've highlighted some below:
- We imported events from some top jazz venues including Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Blue Note and we partnered with ticketing services including Instantseats, Ticketfly, Brown Paper Tickets, and Ticketmaster/Ticketweb. This enormous aggregation effort doubled the size of the Jazz Near You calendar.
- We created a patron program so businesses can help promote local jazz events.
- We partnered with ArtistShare to promote their Launchpad service which helps musicians fund projects and build & retain fan bases.
- We developed several new promotional services including the premium musician profile service.
- We launched a professional writing service for industry professionals in need of press releases, biographies, and/or liner notes.
- We launched Jazz Story of the Day.
- We collaborated with Paris Jazz Club to present a complete listing of jazz events at paris.jazznearyou.com.
- We launched several new columns including Out and About: The Super Fans, Hi-Res Jazz, Getting Into Jazz, Under the Radar, Anatomy of a Standard and Jazz Raconteurs.
- We moved the website to a new hosting service and made major upgrades to our technical infrastructure to improve performance and security.
- And though not technically a 2016 achievement (we finished in 2017), we improved the All About Jazz home page. Have a look.
This story appears courtesy of All About Jazz Publicity.
Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved.
For interview requests or more information contact All About Jazz Publicity.