1. Fish where the fish are - In a fragmented music market, it's essential that brands meet consumers in their native music-listening environments... Although opportunities for brands to engage music listeners are vast, brand-plays on music streaming services like Pandora, iHeartRadio and Spotify are ripe for consideration."
2. Do some sensory research - Forget pushing products right out of the gate and get a feel for the target market's passion, listen to their playlists, go see a live show, taste (and smell) the festival food. Perhaps the brand will even discover its own music identity in the process."
3. Gain listeners for the long haul - Engagement with them is as simple as finding a common musical interest and committing to staying in touch."
4. Add a wow" factor - The music scene can be loud in more ways than one, and getting a brand to stand out among the crowd can seem like quite a hurdle.... The next best thing could be right under your nose. Creatively leveraging sponsorships, partners and social media can do wonders.
5. Practice what you preach - If your brand is looking to communicate with music fans, keep an arsenal of knowledge about the music industry."