The Top 10 Truths Of The Music Business
1. Music matters more than ever: the music market is alive and vibrant.
2. The record business is not the same as the music business.
3. The artists are the brands, and entertainment is the main attraction.
4. Artists and their managers will shape the future.
5. Publishing income is a crucial income stream.
6. Radio is no longer the primary way that people discover new music.
7. Digital niche marketing outperforms mass marketing.
8. Customers demand—and get—increasing convenience and value.
9. The current pricing model goes out the window.
10. Music is mobile, and new models will embrace a more liquid view of music.
Download the full lesson here.