“Gregg does have that incredibly huge 'Black Magic Woman,'” Ringo recently told Sarah Rodman of The Boston Globe. “I’m playing like this Latin music for God’s sakes! Mr. Pop here! I’m having so much fun with his stuff.”
Ringo Starr's All Star Band tour dates:
- July 11 – Usana Ampitheater, Salt Lake, UT
- July 13 – Northern Quest, Spokane, WA
- July 14 – St Michelle Winery, Seattle, WA
- July 15 – Edgefield, Portland, OR
- July 17 – Mountain Winery, Saratoga, CA
- July 19 – Humphrey’s, San Diego, CA
- July 21 – The Greek, Los Angeles, CA
In other news, Gregg Rolie Band will be playing select dates this August 2012. The Gregg Rolie Band will be performing electrifying versions of several Santana classics such as Evil Ways", Black Magic Woman" Soul Sacrifice", Jingo" and No One To Depend On" as well as tracks from Rolie's previous effort 'Roots' and new songs. The Gregg Rolie Band consists of Adrian Areas (son of original Santana percussionist Jose Chepito Areas) on Timbales, drummer Ron Wikso (who was also in The Storm), Elliot Toby" Borrero on congas, Rocket Ritchotte on guitars, internationally acclaimed bassist Gary Brown and former Jean Luc Ponty keyboardist Wally Minko.
As you might imagine from his work with Santana and Journey, Gregg is no stranger to great musicianship. Given his experience and his desire to make the music the best it can be, he has chosen some of the best musicians in the world to bring his band and its music to life. Gregg was determined to resurrect the sound he helped shape and make famous as Santana's original lead singer and keyboard player, while at the same time bringing it forward to the 21st century. To do that required finding just the right mix of experience, musicianship and chemistry. Having worked with some of the biggest names in music over the years and having toured the world many times over, these musicians have the skills to interpret this music in the way it is meant to be interpreted, as Gregg so intimately knows.
“The band are great, because we all really enjoy each other and I think the sound reflects the fun we are having," says Gregg.
Gregg Rolie Band tour dates:
- Fri Aug 03 - 5:00 PM - Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Santa Cruz, CA
- Fri Aug 10 - 5:00 PM - Louisville Street Faire, Louisville, CO
- Sat Aug 18 - 2:00 PM - Salem Riverfront Park, Salem, OR
- Sun Aug 19 - 8:00 PM - Columbia Gorge Hotel Amphitheater, Hood River, OR
- Wed Aug 29 - 8:00 PM - Lakes Performing Arts Center, Okoboji, IA