From April 30 to May 8, 2011, this year's festival lineup is comprised of an international roster of renowned musicians featuring the genres of jazz, R&B, pop, soul and world music from the United States, UK, France, Africa and Saint Lucia, including:
- Trey Songz: The highly acclaimed R&B singer-songwriter Trey Songz debuted his first recording album in 2005 with I Gotta Make It followed by Trey Day (2007). His third album, Ready, was released in 2009 while his fourth studio album, Passion, Pain & Pleasure, was released in September 2010, all garnering him multiple BET and Grammy award nominations, including winning the 2010 BET Award for Best Male R&B Artist.
- Ledisi: Singer-songwriter Ledisi returns to the jazz festival stage sharing highlights from her Grammy nominated albums Lost & Found and Turn Me Loose.
- Regina Carter: American jazz violinist, Regina Carter, lauded as one of the finest violinists of her generation, will share African folk tunes from her newest album, Reverse Thread.
- Bad Ass Brass: Formed in 2008, the band takes its influence from the sounds of traditional New Orleans brass bands but adds its own unique twist. The group won the opportunity to play at this year's jazz festival through a Facebook contest in the UK hosted by the Saint Lucia Tourist Board.
- Maceo Parker: American funk and jazz saxophonist, who had a long term association with the late, great James Brown, will get the audience dancing with hits from his latest album Roots & Grooves, which won a Jammie for best Jazz Album in 2009.
- Saint Lucian Collective: An ensemble of Saint Lucian's jazz icons who will perform a mélange of sweet pulsating Caribbean beats.
As the leading and longest running jazz event in the Caribbean, year after year we welcome thousands of visitors from all corners of the globe to our legendary island to celebrate the premier voices in the music industry," said Saint Lucia Tourist Board Director of Tourism Louis Lewis. We're thrilled to be marking our 20th anniversary with another sensational lineup. Combined with our world-class resorts, unique activities, exotic cuisine, unspoiled nature and warm people, this is still the best party in the Caribbean."
The festival will feature multiple complementary daily shows of acoustic, new age, jazz, soul, reggae, and R&B sounds held in a variety of locations and venues around the island, including Jazz on the Square in Castries and Jazz in the South at locations in Vieux Fort and Laborie. Headliners will perform at the main stage performances which will be held at Pigeon Island National Park and Gaiety in Rodney Bay, the island's epicenter of musical entertainment, featuring local clubs, lounges and restaurants.
Several resorts on the island will be celebrating the jazz festival with special packages. See below for a complete list of offers from properties including Bay Gardens Hotel, Bay Gardens Inn, C'est La Vie, Cotton Bay Village, Fond Doux Holiday Plantation, Habitat Terrace, Harmony Suites, Juliette's Lodge Hotel, Mango Beach Inn, Marina Haven Villa, Stonefield Villa Estate Resort & Spa, The Downtown Hotel, Village Inn & Spa, Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort and Zamacà Saint Lucia Bed & Breakfast.
Bay Gardens Hotel and Bay Gardens Inn: 5-Night/6-Days Jazz Package: Accommodations for two in a Superior Room; Caribbean buffet breakfast daily; Three-course dinner at Trios Restaurant (valid one night only); One day sail to Soufriere with complementary drinks and snorkel at Anse Cochon; US$10.00 coupon, per person, redeemable at Treasure Bay Casino; Complementary transfers (one way) from Bay Gardens Hotel to Pigeon Island Landmark for Main Stage Jazz Performance; Bay Gardens Resorts' Jazz Souvenir; Rates: starting at US$990 based on double occupancy and includes all taxes; Book by: May 8, 2011; Travel April 30 through May 31, 2011; Visit baygardensresorts.com for more information.
C'est La Vie: Springtime Jazz: 4th night free; Includes breakfast, concierge, butler service; Travel May 1 through May 20, 2011.
Cotton Bay Village: Jazz on the Beach: Five nights accommodations; All meals included; All beverages by the glass included; One complementary spa treatment per adult; One ticket to the Jazz concert of choice per adult; Rates: starting at US$1010; Book by: April 30, 2011; Travel for any five night stay between April 30 to May 8, 2011.
Fond Doux Holiday Plantation: Jazz Sulphur Jamboree: Spend seven nights or more and receive complementary tickets for two to Jazz in the North; Round trip transfer to Jazz Festival venue.
Habitat Terrace: All That Jazz: Includes breakfast, t-shirt, and round-trip shuttle arrangements to the Jazz venue of choice; Book by: April 1, 2011; Travel April 30 through May 8, 2011.
Harmony Suites: Jazz Special: Receive 15% off rates.
Juliette's Lodge Hotel: Just Jazz Special 2011: Special rates for the following accommodations: Single occupancy US$55 per room per night plus taxes (max 1 person per); Double occupancy US$65 per room per night plus taxes (max 2 people per); Family room two beds US$90 per room per night plus taxes (max 4 people per); Two bedroom apartment US$125 per room per night plux taxes (max 4 people per); Single, double and family room rates are inclusive of continental breakfast per person; Book by: April 15, 2011; Travel April 24 through May 16, 2011.
Mango Beach Inn: Jazz FansBeat the Traffic: Travel by boat from Marigot Bay to Pigeon Island; 10% discount off normal rates; Travel April 30 through May 8, 2011.
Marina Haven Villa: Jazz Special: Stay seven nights and pay US$180 per night per villa; Complementary arrival airport transfer; Book by April 30, 2011.
Stonefield Villa Estate Resort & Spa: Enjoy the south of the Island and still Jazz in the North; Water taxi roundtrip to Castries; Complementary beverage on route to Jazz Festival; Daily breakfast for two; Ocean view villa and pool; Rates: starting at US$450 per couple inclusive of taxes; Book by: April 30, 2011; Travel April 1 through May 31, 2011.
The Downtown Hotel: Fun in the Sun: Special rates for the following accommodations: Deluxe Downtown View US$65; Sea/Piton View US$75; Royal Suites US$85; Soufriere Suites US$95; Family Suites US$110; Rates are subject to 18% tax; Book by: April 30, 2011; Travel through May 8, 2011.
Village Inn & Spa: Jazz Special: 15% off rates; Breakfast daily; Complementary golf; Complementary spa treatment (conditions apply).
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort: Jazz it Up!: Althurium Lily Suites: Daily breakfast buffet; Round trip airport/hotel transfers; Rates: starting at US$465 per night double occupancy includes taxes and service charges; Travel through May 9, 2011.
Zamaca Saint Lucia Bed & Breakfast: Concord of Sweet Sounds and Colors of the Caribbean: Stay five nights and enjoy the sixth night free; Stay 12 nights and pay for ten; Upon check-out, receive a gift certificate for credit on next trip to Zamacà Saint Lucia Bed & Breakfast.