Portland Jazz Pianist Mark Simon Needs Liver Transplant
Portland Jazz Pianist Mark Simon is working with the National Foundation for Transplants (NFT) to raise funds for his out of pocket expenses relating to his pending liver transplant.
Although Mark's illness has taken a toll on his quality of life, it has never affected his passion for music. He has been an in-demand professional musician for more than 30 years, and has had the honor of playing and recording with many world-class artists. Despite Mark's health challenges, he manages to maintain an active performance schedule. In 1995, he released a critically-acclaimed CD that features eight of Mark's original compositions. He has two more recordings he hopes to release in the near future. Mark's main focus is to regain his health so he can continue his lifelong musical pursuit. Mark also loves cooking, watching the Chicago Cubs play and spending time with family and friends.
A liver transplant costs approximately $500,000. And that's only the beginning. Even with health coverage, he faces considerable medical expenses related to his transplant. For the rest of his life, Mark will need follow-up care and daily anti-rejection medications. The cost of his post-transplant medications can range from $2,000 to $5,000 per monthand they are as critical to his survival as the transplant itself.
After receiving his transplant, Mark must temporarily relocate more than 175 miles from his home to be near the transplant center in Seattle during recovery, incurring substantial travel, food and lodging expenses.
You can help.
When you donate to NFT in honor of Mark Simon, it's a legal tax write-off for the donor and the IRS can't redistribute the funds that are donated. A full 98% of the donation will go directly to paying Mark's out-of-pocket medical expenses and the other 2% goes directly to NFT, which is a non-profit group, so 100% is tax deductible.
Click here tp make a donation to NFT in honor of Mark
Make sure you select My gift is in honor of the following NFT patient's fundraising campaign:" and then type MARK SIMON" in the box that appears below. If you'd prefer to send your gift by mail, please make your check payable to: NFT OREGON TRANSPLANT FUND"
Please write IN HONOR OF MARK SIMON" on the memo line and mail to:
NFT Oregon Transplant Fund
5350 Poplar Avenue, Suite 430
Memphis, TN 38119