Update! Vandermark 5: The Color of Memory North American Tour
Below is an update on the V5's January/February tour.
BUT FIRST - we are thrilled to announce - Ken's brand spanking new website is now LIVE! Please check it out: www.kenvandermark.com!
* Jan 24th - Milwaukee, WI @ Onopa Brewery-9pm doors, $8 adv./$10 dos
* Jan 25th - St. Paul, MN @ Turf Club-8pm doors, $10
* Jan 26th - Chicago, IL @ Hide Out-9pm doors, $10
* Jan 27th - Detroit, MI @ The City Theatre-7pm doors, $16.50
* Jan 28th - Toronto, ON @ Music Gallery-8pm doors, $20 adv/$25 dos CDN
* Jan 29th - Montreal, QC @ La Sala Rossa-9pm doors, $12 adv/$15 dos CDN
* Jan 30th - OFF
* Jan 31st - NYC @ Tonic-2 SHOWS-7:30pm & 9:30pm doors, $12 per show
* Feb 1st - Hyde Park, MA (Boston) @ Artist-At-Large-7:30pm doors, $12
* Feb 2nd - TBA
* Feb 3rd - TBA
* Feb 4th - TBA
* Feb 5th - Lexington, KY @ Underlying Themes-7:30pm doors, $5
Ken Vandermark's quintet, Vandermark 5 is hitting the road January and February to support their latest Atavistic double-cd release, The Color of Memory" (released Fall 2005).
This will mark the North American debut tour of new line up, which now includes cellist Fred Lonberg-Holm who joined the band after Jeb Bishop's departure last fall. They'll be performing reconstructed compositions from their double-cd release The Color of Memory" as well as new pieces written in preparation for their November European tour. The new material was then recorded in Chicago in December. If the record release shows for The Color of Memory" at Chicago's Mill were any testament, this newly reconfigured group's performances will prove to be unforgettable!
As a special bonus on this tour, Free Jazz Classics #3 and #4", will be made available for purchase as a double-cd set for the first time. Free Jazz Classics" consists of rearrangements of some of Vandermark's favorite composers' work performed by the quintet. The series initiated as a limited run of bonus cds (1,500 or less) packaged with new and original Vandermark 5 material. Volume #3,"Six for Rollins" originally included with the first edition of V5's Airports for Light", focuses on the work of the legendary Sonny Rollins. Volume #4, Free Kings" initially released with the first edition of Elements of Style/Exercises in Surprise" concentrates on the music of the extraordinary reedist Rahsaan Roland Kirk. This double-cd release will conclude the Free Jazz Classics" series.
For more information visit www.Atavistic.com, www.Billions.com and/or www.kenvandermark.com.