PERFORMING 1985 ALBUM RAIN DOGS IN FULL
Dates have been announced for an unforgettable evening as a stellar cast of singers and musicians revisit Tom Waits
' classic 1985 album Rain Dogs
. The record has emerged as an object of fascination for Waits fans. In a very personal evocation of the New-York slums, the album's nineteen tracks impress us with their variety, borrowing from cabaret, polka, jazz, rock and even spoken poetry. The use of numerous instruments adds to the album's character: pianos and organs, saxophones, trumpets and trombones, drums, marimba and congas, and of course, guitars and accordions.
The Rain Dogs Revisited concert takes us through the albumintegrally, though quite freely. Especially brought together for this event, a prestigious band under the guidance of musical director David Coulter
, the multi- instrumentalist who worked with Waits on The Black Rider
, will offer a similar, although not quite identical, array of the rich instrumental variety intended by Waits. Also featured will be performances by Arthur H, The Tiger Lillies, Camille O' Sullivan, Stef Kamil Carlens, St. Vincent, Erika Stucky
- July 10th : LYON, FRANCE / Les Nuits de Fourviare festival / Grand Theatre Romain de Fourviare
- July 11th : MONTREUX, SWITZERLAND / Montreux Jazz Festival / Miles Davis Hall
- July 13th : LONDON, ENGLAND / Barbican Centre
- Nov 20th : EINDHOVEN, HOLLAND / Muziekgebouw
- Nov 22nd : PARIS, FRANCE / Salle Pleyel
View the original article...