Classic UK Blues Rock Legends Wishbone Ash to Tour Us in Support of New DVD Release
Danbury, CTWishbone Ash, the classic British rock band renowned for its signature twin-lead guitar prowess, embarks April 25 on a US tour to promote a new DVD and studio project. The group returns to several familiar venues along with select new stops on the three-week tour (tour dates listed below). The DVD, 'This is Wishbone Ash,' is a rockumentary offering a fly on the wall glimpse of the creative process, as the band records tracks for the upcoming CD release and prepares for a concert. Wishbone Ash plans a late spring-early summer US release for the new CD (working title: 'Searching for Satellites'). The album features brand new tunes from the pen of founding member Andy Powell (guitar, lead vocals) and Muddy Manninen (guitar, backing vocals), with input from bassist Bob Skeat and drummer Joe Crabtree.
The classic rock bands of the late 60s and early 70s enjoy a unique place in popular music history. The Beatles had gone their separate ways; Britain had already gone through the blues boom, and psychedelia had made its impact. The possibilities were infinite. Wishbone Ash, one of the new breed of progressive rockers, were quick to seize the opportunity, and in 1969, they were among those to take full advantage of this rarefied environment, producing their special brand of melodic rock. More than 40 years later, having pioneered the use of twin lead guitars, the band has gained worldwide recognition, based firmly on a regime of relentless touring. Wishbone Ash, the quintessential road band, is an acknowledged influence on many other bands, including Thin Lizzy and Iron Maiden. Power and melody have made the Ash a hard act to follow, while they are currently being discovered by new generations of loyal fans.
An exceptional recording and touring career has seen Wishbone Ash weather many changes in record labels, personnel and musical trends; but they entered the new millennium with most of the vast catalogue intact on CD, an award-winning website and a date sheet the envy of many other bands. Recording highlights are the multi-million-selling 1972 album, 'Argus,' considered to be one of the all-time classic rock albums. Recently, high praise has been garnered for the 2008 album, 'The Power of Eternity.'
Wishbone Ash US Spring Tour Dates:
- April 25Tupelo Music HallLondonderry, NH
- April 26Tupelo Music HallWhite River Junction, VT (featuring Argus Live)
- April 27Sellersville Theater Sellersville, PA
- April 28RamsheadAnnapolis, MD
- April 29BB KingsNew York, NY
- April 30Van DyckSchenectady, NY (2nd set features Argus Live)
- May 02Winchester Music HallCleveland/Lakewood, OH
- May 03CallahansAuburn Hills, MI (featuring Argus Live)
- May 04תDsFt. Wayne, IN (featuring Argus Live)
- May 05Midway TavernMishawaka/South Bend, IN
- May 06FitzgeraldsBerwyn, ILTWO SHOWS 7:30 PM and 10 PM (2nd show featuring Argus Live)
- May 07Shank HallMilwaukee, WI
- May 11Sioux City Community TheatreSioux City, IA
- May 12Whiskey Road HouseCouncil Bluffs, IA (featuring Argus Live)
- May 13 KnuckleheadsKansas City, MO (featuring Argus Live)
- May 15Cosmic Charlie'sLexington, KY
- May 16MoondogsPittsburgh, PA
- May 17Bridge Street LiveCollinsville, CT