On Wednesday, November 10th, Kenny Wayne Shepherd
will be joining The Roots
for a special Hendrix-themed sit-in on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Kenny will be playing the same white Fender Stratocaster guitar that Jimi Hendrix
played on the morning of August 18, 1969 at the Woodstock Festival. It's the same instrument on which Hendrix played The Star Spangled Banner," the recording of which was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2009.
Kenny's performance with The Roots comes only a few hours before his appearance on stage at New York's Beacon Theatre with the all-star line-up of top players for a scheduled Experience Hendrix Tour stop at the famed venue. Tune in on 11/10 to catch Kenny, The Roots and Jimmy Fallon!
Kenny Wayne Shepherd was hugely inspired by Jimi Hendrix, and he habitually closes his performances with a rollicking cover of Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child (Slight Return)." Shepherd's current album, LIVE! In Chicago, held the #1 spot on Billboard's Blues Album Chart for four weeks. This is the fifth album of his that has gone to #1 on the chart. Those five albums have spent a total of 93 weeks at #1, tying with none other than B.B. King for the most weeks spent atop the chart
Experience Hendrix Tour dates:
- 11/4 @ Foxwoods Resort CasinoMGM Grand, Mashantucket CT
- 11/6 @ The Palace, Albany NY
- 11/7 @ Orpheum Theatre, Boston MA
- 11/9 @ Hershey Theatre, Hershey PA
- 11/10 @ Beacon Theatre, New York NY
- 11/11 @ Hippodrome Theatre, Baltimore MD
- 11/12 @ Landmark Theatre, Richmond VA
- 11/13 @ Caesars Casino, Atlantic City NJ
- 11/16 @ Palace Theatre, Columbus OH
- 11/17 @ Taft Theatre, Cincinnati OH
- 11/18 @ Fox Theater, Detroit MI
- 11/19 @ Star Plaza Theatre, Merrillville IN
- 11/20 @ Murat Theatre at The Murat Centre, Indianapolis IN
View the original article...