Wishbone Ash To Tour The UK
Danbury, CT - Classic rock legends Wishbone Ash, one of the most influential guitar bands in the history of rock, kicks off the UK leg of their tour on October 4, 2012.
The tour, which began in Europe early this year, celebrates the release of Elegant Stealth, the group’s latest studio album.
Elegant Stealth represents a benchmark in the evolution of Wishbone Ash. Signature twin-lead melodies and a powerhouse rhythm section frame 11 new tracks that reflect a diverse realm of styles and moods.
Formed in 1969, Wishbone Ash has more than 20 original studio recordings and several live albums to their credit. On Elegant Stealth, the group coalesces around strong songwriting and serious chops. Founding member Andy Powell handles lead vocals and trades licks with Finland’s guitar wizard Muddy Manninen. Bassist Bob Skeat, a 15-year veteran of the band and in-demand studio musician, sets the pace with Joe Crabtree, one of the best of Britain’s new breed of drummers, having played with Pendragon and David Cross of King Crimson.
The band demonstrates its versatility on Elegant Stealth, from the pop/rocker “Reason to Believe” to the gentler vibe of “Give it Up” to tunes like “Warm Tears” and “Big Issues,” where the band gets to stretch out and flex its musical muscles.
Classic Rock Revisited ranked Elegant Stealth No. 8 in its Top 40 New Releases of 2011, and Classic Rock Revisited’s Jeb Wright called it “one of the best albums in Wishbone Ash’s 42 year career.”
Keith “MuzikMan” Hannaleck of MuzikReviews.com said, “This band is like a fine wine that just keeps getting better with age and this is one of their strongest studio releases in years.”
“The songs are catchy, very technical, but there is a soul in what Wishbone Ash is doing!” said Mark Kadzielawa of 69 Faces of Rock.
Citing Wishbone Ash as an influence on their style, Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden, Southern Rock outfits like Lynyrd Skynyrd and, more recently, heavyweights like Opeth and some of the guitar-based Indie/Alternative bands, have all taken a little something from the legendary twin- guitar approach of Wishbone Ash. Truly, there is no other rock band on the planet that has done more with the twin guitar concept than the Ash.
Wishbone Ash UK Tour dates:
- October 04 - The Guildhall - St Ives - St Ives, Cornwall
- October 05 - Tivoli Theatre - Wimborne, Dorset
- October 06 - Cheese and Grain - Frome, Somerset
- October 07 - Exeter Corn Exchange - Exeter
- October 08 - Swindon Art Centre - Swindon
- October 09 - The Maltings - Farnham
- October 11 - Huntingdon Hall - Worcester
- October 12 - Pontardawe Arts Centre - Pontardawe
- October 14 - Robin 2 - Wolverhampton
- October 16 - The Flowerpot - Derby
- October 17 - Newcastle O2 Academy - Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- October 18 - The Ferry - Glasgow
- October 19 - The Jam House - Edinburgh, Midlothian
- October 20 - Lochgelly Centre - Lochgelly, Fife
- October 21 - Lemon Tree - Aberdeen
- October 23 - Bootleggers Music Bar - Kendal, Cumbria
- October 26 - Mick Jagger Centre - Dartford
- October 27 - Floral Pavilion Theatre - New Brighton, Wirral
- October 28 - The Lowry - Manchester
- October 30 - The Stables - Milton Keynes
- October 31 - King Edward VII Memorial Hall - Newmarket, Sulfolk
- November 02 - Picturedrome - Holmfirth
- November 03 - The Winding Wheel (AshCon!) - Chesterfield