After early experience in Chicago with the bands led by Tom Gerun and Harry Sosnik, Woody Herman toured with Gus Arnheim. In 1934, he joined Isham Jones, and when Jones\'s group disbanded in 1936 Herman used its leading sidemen as the nucleus for his own orchestra. This band went through a number of changes of personnel, such as the inclusion in 1943 of Chubby Jackson and in 1944 of Neal Hefti, Ralph Burns, Flip Phillips... Read more.
- Woody Herman: Blue Flame - Portrait Of A Legend
- Woody Herman: Blue Flame - Portrait Of A Jazz Legend
- Live Jazz From Club 15 by Larry Taylor
- The Everest Years by David Rickert
- Herman's Heat and Puente's Beat by David Rickert
- The Complete Columbia Recordings of Woody Herman and His Orchestra &... by George Harris
- The Band That Plays The Blues 1938 by C. Michael Bailey
Live Jazz From Club 15
Light My Fire
The Complete Columbia Recordings of Woody Herman and His Orchestra &...
Herman's Heat and Puente's Beat
The Everest Years
The Woody Herman Shows 1944-1946