Tomasz Stanko was 20 and a graduate of the Cracow Music Academy when he formed his first band, the Jazz Darings, with pianist Adam Makowicz in 1962. Inspired by early Ornette Coleman and the innovations of Coltrane, Miles Davis and George Russell, the group is often cited by music historians as the first European group to play free jazz... Read more.
Verdi - Italian Kitchen, Royal Albert Hall
Post these events to your social pages. Learn how here.
- Tomasz Stanko New York Quartet: Copenhagen, Denmark, July 6, 2013
- Tomasz Stanko New York Quartet: New York, NY, March 29, 2013
- Dark Eyes by Ian Patterson
- Tomasz Stanko Quintet at Birdland, April 18, 2010
- Tomasz Stanko At Birdland: A Subtext Of Sadness And Suspended Sounds
Tomasz Stanko New York Quartet: Wislawa
Tomasz Stanko: Dark Eyes
Tomasz Stanko Quintet: Dark Eyes
Wolnosc w Sierpniu (Freedom in August)