Concord Jazz is proud to announce the release of Italian singer Patrizio Buanne's newest album, Patrizio. Having sold over one million albums worldwide, and already making a mark on the UK album charts with his first two albums of Italian standards, the Italian crooner will release his third and newest album on his birthday September 20, 2011. Known for his engaging and spectacular performances, Buanne will be touring in support of Patrizio.
For Patrizio Buanne, it is all about the voice, and an instinctive ability to convey real emotion. The dark, ruggedly handsome singer has already won over a legion of fans with two previous albums rooted in the pop traditions of his Italian homeland that he released internationally. Buanne has also performed for such luminaries as The Pope, The Royal Family, and former President George W. Bush.
Now he is stepping up a gear with his new collection, Patrizio, which has already been released and reached platinum status in Australia, New Zealand, Asia and South Africa. The traditional Italian compositions with which Buanne made his name are still there, but Patrizio finds the Neapolitan broadening his horizons and putting a more international slant on his natural way with a song. It includes new songs written specifically for him alongside standards from the Great American Songbook.
I'm not just an Italian guy singing Italian songs. It's important to give people the kind of music I am known for, but I also wanted to open myself up artistically and give them something else or rather something more of me" that's why we called the album Patrizio. I wanted to present my passion for interpreting any great song-no matter if Italian, American or New. I basically did the same as Elton John, George Michael or Tom Jones. I'm searching for that same, timeless quality. If I sing a standard, I pick a song where the words really mean something. It's important to convey the sentiments in a credible way. An old song has to translate into the 21st century," Buanne says.
Patrizio showcases Buanne adding more strings to an already elegant bow. Recorded in Hollywood's Capitol Studios with Humberto Gatica (Josh Groban, Celine Dion, Michael Jackson) and in London with Brian Rawlings (James Morrison, Andrea Bocelli, Cher), the record augments his vocals with some of the classiest players in pop. On one level, the album remains true to Buanne's role as an ambassador for Italian song. The Italian compositions with which he made his name are still there, and several of them were even written in his homeland ("Never Never Never," Estate," and Tu vuo' fa l'ammericano").
But there are also new compositions, including Diane Warren's Why Did You Have To Be?," This Kiss Tonight," by UK songwriter Paul Barry and the self-penned Solo Tu (My Baby)."
Moreover, there are spirited interpretations of Bryan Adams' Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman," the Willie Nelson-Patsy Cline hit Crazy," and You're My Everything," an undiscovered gem by Franco-American disco act Santa Esmeralda.
Buanne accomplishes a beautifully international slant on his natural way with song with Patrizio which heralds a new era for the young Neapolitan.
Patrizio: A true voice of Dolce Vita.
Buanne will be touring in support of his US debut:
- Thu, 09/15/11 Regattabar Cambridge MA 7:30 PM/10 PM
- Sat, 09/17/11 NJ Performing Arts Center Newark NJ 6 PM & 8:30 PM
- Sun, 09/18/11 Ridgefield Playhouse Ridgefield CT 8:00 PM
- Tue, 09/20/11 World Cafe Live Philadelphia PA 8:00 PM
- Wed, 09/21/11 Highline Ballroom New York NY 8:00 PM
- Fri, 09/23/11 The Ohio Theater at Playhouse Square Cleveland OH 8:00 PM
- Sat, 09/24/11 WQED Studios Pittsburgh PA 7:30 PM
- Sun, 09/25/11 West Virginia Univ. Morgantown, Morgantown WV 7:30 PM
- Mon, 09/26/11 The Ark Ann Arbor MI 8:00 PM
- Tue, 09/27/11 Glenn Gould Studio Toronto ON 8:00 PM
- Thu, 09/29/11 S.P.A.C.E. Evanston IL 6:45 PM/8:45 PM
- Tue, 11/15/11 Anthology San Diego CA 7:30 PM
- Thu, 11/17/11 Great American Music Hall San Francisco CA 8:00 PM
- Sat, 11/19/11 Napa Valley Opera House Napa CA 8:00 PM
- Sat, 2/18/12 Ruth Eckerd Performing Arts Center Clearwater FL 8:00 PM