Our goal was to craft our websites with an optimal viewing experience in mind—making it easier to read and navigate with minimum resizing, panning, and scrolling," says All About Jazz founder Michael Ricci. We knew what we wanted to achieve with our design and with the help of some new technologies we created a much-improved navigational experience without overhauling our appearance. That said, our readers will find the new design more intuitiveadministrators will appreciate the shortcuts."
- A responsive web design that adapts across multiple devices
- A new navigation bar that also locks in place when a reader scrolls down a page
- Easy access to uploaded and favorited content (see My Stuff")
- Relocation of “Join” and “Sign in” links (top right)
- New menu dropdown box style
- Easier access to “Follow Us” (social links)
- A new community section that highlights website contributors, showcase musicians and visual artists
- Easier access to news, photo, MP3, article and other submission forms
- Newly stylized content boxes
- A streamlined footer
All About Jazz is cleaner, our content and forms are much easier to find and our articles are easier to read. It's a big improvement and we're thrilled with the results," Ricci concludes.