There are a lot of different ways to look at marketing music. But providing music where your fans want to hear it and directly connecting with fans are two key concepts that seem to be winning the day. Putting your music on streaming services is one thing but putting more attention into connecting with your fans via those services is something more.
A couple of months back Victor Conradsson shared 7 ways to engage directly with fans via streaming services (via @ElectricKiwi) on the Midem Blog which illustrates both concepts:
7 Tips For Marketing Your Music On Streaming Services
1. Access advanced customisation & analytics
2. Create streaming occasions
3. Grow your follower base, aka ‘follow me on Spotify’
5. Adopt a new product management strategy
6. Set up marketing operations with the streaming services
7. Seek inclusion in popular playlists
Conradsson goes into plenty of detail and also suggests a post by Matt Riley on making the most of Spotify.