Marijuana has an integral place in American music from jazz to rock, from country to rap. But what would happen if that standing were also legal?
10 Ways Legal Recreational Marijuana Could Help The Music Industry
Pageants - Ploom [& Filter Mag] Rethink Music
1) Easier access and reduced cost for musicians who use marijuana.
2) Fewer musicians getting busted. Reduced stress, legal fees, cancellations, etc.
3) Lucrative tax revenues and reduced policing expenses open up the possibility of better collective support for poor musicians and increased funding for the arts.
4) More audiences interested in listening to your music with special benefits for genres like Ambient. Related increase in commercial potential for chill out rooms.
5) More fun merch items (via Matt Voyno).
6) New product lines for music venues such as appropriate snacks. Vending machine renaissance?
7) Increased possibilities for targeted sponsorships, endorsements and branded media coverage.
8) Increased advertising for music mags and websites.
9) Boosts to tourism and live music.
10) Musicians could start sideline businesses from growing to accessorizing.
In summary: Legal recreational marijuana would be very very good for the music industry.